One of the biggest questions African American women have in regards to working out. How to tame our HAIR!!! We understand getting fit and have a fresh do are typically very hard. We have researched a few tips to help our lovely BWDWO ladies along the way.
- Use a dry shampoo. Prior to working out spray your scalp with a dry shampoo. This will help keep your scalp sweat from frizzing up your lovely tresses.
- Wrap your hair. Use a silk wrap to keep your hair taut and in place. After you have completed your workout wait until you have cooled down to unwrap your hair.
- If you are bold enough, workout in your rollers! Yep, rollers have enough pressure to keep your roots and ends from frizzing up.
- If you have a fresh do it is now a great time to strength train. Strength training allows you a great workout and you will lower your risk of sweating around your hairline.
- If you prefer straight hair, try a Brazilian blow out. Although they can be pricey, around $200, a Brazilian blowout is a keratin treatment that will leave your hair silky straight for about 3 months!
So those are our tips and tricks! Don’t let you your “do” hinder your workout progress! And just in case you haven’t thought about it, give natural hair a try. Not only are natural coils awesome but they are gym friendly!
Take care BWDWO Sisters