Some people will seek any and every excuse to “not” exercise while yet there are still others who are so dedicated that they look for every opportunity just to stay on top. You ever wonder, right along with the will, a way to get plenty of fitness exercises into your life without all of that fancy equipment used in the gyms?
Andia Winslow just happens to be one of those people who can come up with the most creative opportunities to get in a full body workout including planking, strength training, upper body (triceps, biceps) cardio, core, and yoga all while doing the laundry! Don’t believe? Watch this video and check out some of our tips on how to watch TV and workout. Andia’s video called the TheFitCycle is a movie and a movement from a holistic philosophy that promotes a continuous effort to harmonize our bodies with the environment. Watch the “The Fit Cycle” video by Monique Walton, Director/Co-Producer here …
Via: Andia Winslow
- Walking Works– it’s always nice to get out and go for a nice brisk walk, especially in the fall months when the breezy swaying trees begin their live and in color metamorphosis that lets you know that something is changing. However, if the weather has other ideas, you can just as easily get an effective walking workout at home. If you have a flight of stairs, you can go up and down them a few times which will elevate your heart rate. (You could even grab a load of laundry as you’re going that way anyway!) This will help to tone up your legs, while getting some low impact aerobic exercise as well. If you don’t have any stairs available, just do a couple fast walks around the house – it may not be very exciting, but it will also help keep the heart rate elevated.
- Jumping Jacks – Not only are these throwback fun activities from childhood a great memory to have of the good ole’ days – they are also great cardio exercises, and good for warming up, too.
- Push ups – These are probably not the most favorite exercise of many people, but while they can be hard to do, you can find easier ways to do them. You can pretend that you are our First Lady Michelle Obama in a push-up challenge, (she can do 25 in about 25-30 seconds). Do them on your knees, instead of keeping your legs straight. Or, do them standing up against a wall. You will be building up arm strength and working out muscles in your chest area while you watch your favorite television show.
- Leg Lifts – These are great for building up strength and muscles in your legs. If you find it hard to do the exercises with your legs straight, try bending them slightly.
- Crunches – The best exercise for building up and strengthening abdominal muscles. When you’re just getting started, don’t worry about getting your head all the way up. So long as you’re going up until you feel the stretching of the muscles, you will see some benefit.
- Jogging In Place – Jogging is a great exercise for your heart. You can jog in place at home while watching TV or listening to music keeping your knees as high as you can towards your chest. The only equipment you will require is a good pair of shoes, to eliminate any stress to your legs.
- Squats – These are wonderful exercises for your legs and buttocks. You can even just try these by sitting and standing up again from a regular chair, if you’re finding them to be too difficult. As long as you’re able to do a few repetitions, you will be providing some benefit to your body.
- Light-Lifting – No, you don’t need to go out and buy expensive weights for this! Just use whatever you can find in your house. Start out with something lighter first, like can goods, then water bottles, and work yourself up to heavier items. You can use milk jugs, laundry detergent, as Andia has shown us, water bottles or even water jugs.
- Dancing – Dancing is a wonderful exercise, which is great for your heart. Not only that, but it can lift your spirits as well, and give your overall feeling a boost.
- Step Exercises – Using the steps in your home, you can do repetitions which will tone your leg muscles. (Just remember to be careful!) Now go have fun!